Introduction to Rehabilitation Nursing Course
New Questions! Updated Content!
This course has been designed to help nurses acquire fundamental rehabilitation nursing skills and concepts.
The Introduction to Rehabilitation Nursing Online Course is a unique program designed for nurses new to rehabilitation and those who want to incorporate basic rehabilitation nursing concepts into non-rehabilitation settings. The course is ideal for individual nurses seeking to develop a foundation in rehabilitation nursing, as well as for units and facilities looking to provide consistent, flexible, and personalized rehabilitation nursing training to their staff. Multi-user licenses are available to purchase for teams and facilities. Contact Member Services at 800.229.7530 for more information.
Earn Up To 12 CH
The full course consists of 16 modules that focus on a specific rehabilitation nursing topic or concept. Each module covers fundamental concepts and skills in a unique Q&A format designed to increase both knowledge and confidence. The modules are designed to mirror the categories of the ARN-CAT (Competency Assessment Tool). Nurses can earn a total of 12 CH of continuing nursing education credit.
Sixteen (16) Modules Covering
- Introduction to Rehabilitation
- Bowel Management
- Patient & Family Education
- Safe Patient Handling
- Pain Management
- Skin Integrity & Wound Care
- Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Musculoskeletal & Body Mechanics
- Bladder Management
Upon completion of all of the modules, the learner will be able to:
- describe the major physiological and psychological impacts and areas of concern for rehabilitation patients
- identify fundamental evidence-based nursing interventions that meet individual needs and promote positive client outcomes
- differentiate between typical rehabilitation nursing techniques and strategies for pediatric, adult, and geriatric populations
- describe strategies for proper communication with and education of patients and families with various chronic diseases and injuries.