Restorative Nursing Education Bundle
ARN's Restorative Nursing Assistant Online Course is a unique online program designed for nursing assistants working in long-term care and skilled nursing facilities. The full course is made up of 5 modules, each focusing on a set of restorative nursing topics or concepts, mirroring the content of the ARN Restorative Nursing: A Training Manual for Nursing Assistants publication, which is included with course purchase. Each module covers fundamental concepts and skills in a unique question & answer format that is designed to increase both knowledge and confidence in that knowledge.
Module 1: Philosophy of Restorative Nursing, Dispelling the Myths of Aging & Nursing Assistants Role in Restorative Care
Module 2: Mobility & Activities of Daily Living
Module 3: Swallowing/Communication & Cognition
Module 4: Bladder, Bowel & Skin Care
Module 5: Therapeutic Activities & Caregiver Challenges
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the philosophy and basic principles of restorative nursing
- Define how to provide the necessary care for a patient including their physical, mental and psychosocial well-being
- Identify fundamental evidence-based nursing interventions that meet individual needs and promote positive patient outcomes
- Describe how the restorative nursing assistant is an integral member of the healthcare team
- Recognize caregiving challenges that restorative nursing assistants may face when dealing with patients with a variety of conditions or chronic diseases
Purchasing a single or multi-user license gives you a 12-month license for this product.
*Disclaimer*: This course is intended to enhance the educational foundation for Restorative Nursing Assistants. Taking this course does not secure certification or licensure for the learner. Refer to your state requirements for more information on how to become a Restorative Nursing Assistant.