Restorative Nursing Education Bundle
Perfect for Nursing Assistants to Learn Restorative Nursing Concepts
This online course and manual are designed to help nursing assistants acquire fundamental restorative nursing concepts and skills. The bundle is designed for nursing assistants who work in long-term care and skilled nursing facilities. It also is ideal for facility instructors looking to provide consistent, flexible, and personalized core training to their nursing assistant staff, as well as individual nursing assistants seeking to develop a foundation in restorative nursing practice.
The full course is made up of five modules, each focusing on a set of restorative nursing topics or concepts, mirroring the content of the manual — ARN Restorative Nursing: A Training Manual for Nursing Assistants. Each module presents itself in a unique Q&A format that is designed to increase both knowledge and confidence.
Earn a Certificate of Completion
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon completion of the course and online evaluation.
Module 1: Philosophy of Restorative Nursing, Dispelling the Myths of Aging & Nursing Assistants Role in Restorative Care
Module 2: Mobility & Activities of Daily Living
Module 3: Swallowing/Communication & Cognition
Module 4: Bladder, Bowel & Skin Care
Module 5: Therapeutic Activities & Caregiver Challenges
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the philosophy and basic principles of restorative nursing
- Define how to provide the necessary care for a patient including their physical, mental and psychosocial well-being
- Identify fundamental evidence-based nursing interventions that meet individual needs and promote positive patient outcomes
- Describe how the restorative nursing assistant is an integral member of the healthcare team
- Recognize caregiving challenges that restorative nursing assistants may face when dealing with patients with a variety of conditions or chronic diseases