Research Grant Opportunities
The ARN Advancing Science and Practice Committee oversees the grant development, review, and selection process. Grant opportunities are made available based on the monetary gifts donated to the Rehabilitation Nursing Foundation and with the approval of the ARN Board of Directors. For 2022, the ARN Advancing Science and Practice Committee has a call for two $1,000 quality improvement grants. Details are below.
Quality Improvement Request for Applications
The Advancing Science and Practice Committee of ARN requests applications for quality improvement projects that are based on the best evidence and seek to improve rehabilitation outcomes for patients with disabilities and chronic illnesses. This request is directed toward projects that have the potential of changing systems of care within an organizational structure. This request for applications is not for research proposals.
- Maximum funding available is $1,000 per recipient.
- Number of awards to be funded will depend on the quality of proposals submitted and the amount of funding requested.
- Time period for the grant is October 1, 2022 to October 1, 2023.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are ARN members.
- Proposals will be reviewed by select members of the Advancing Science and Practice Committee and a peer review panel.
- Funded applicants will be expected to present the Quality Improvement (QI) project at the annual ARN Educational Conference and submit a Clinical Feature manuscript to the Rehabilitation Nursing Journal (RNJ).
- Review the full Quality Improvement request for applications (PDF) for complete details.
The following forms and materials are required with your application and must be completed upon submission:
- Quality Improvement Project Proposal Checklist
- Quality Improvement Project Proposal Summary Form
- Quality Improvement Project Proposal Abstract Form
- Quality Improvement Project Proposal Budget Form
- Quality Improvement Project Proposal Administrative Approval Form
Past Grant Recipients
RNF is proud to provide research grants to recipients aimed towards fulfilling the mission of RNF.
See Past Grant Recipients