Contribute to Your Specialty
When you volunteer with ARN you become a leader and influencer within your specialty, you collaborate with colleagues, and contribute your skills and expertise to the greater good of rehab nursing. ARN has many ways for you to get involved, based on your expertise and the amount of time you wish to commit.
Volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule
Volunteer at the level you desire. Take a look at the many opportunities to contribute to your specialty based on your availability. For committee descriptions or to contact a committee chair, review our committees page.
Just a short time
Annual Conference Abstract Reviewer
- Time Commitment: 2-3 months (~April-June)
- Requirements: ARN Member in good standing; minimum of BSN Degree. For Scientific Abstracts, each abstract must be reviewed by at least one doctorate prepared member.
- General Info: Each abstract will be reviewed by three reviewers. Final decisions on abstracts will be made by the Abstract Co-Chairs who sit on the Annual Conference Planning Committee. Reviewers will not be assigned to an abstract submitted from the same state in which they reside. There are no formal meetings of abstract reviewers. All work is completed electronically.
Annual Conference Poster Judge
- Time Commitment: 1-2 months
- Requirements: ARN Member in good standing; Minimum of MSN Degree
- General Info: There are no formal meetings of poster judges. All work is completed electronically before the onsite conference. Three judges will judge each poster. All posters will be judged by at least one Maters-prepared nurse. Clinical posters will be judged by at least one clinical expert. Scientific/Research-based posters should be judged by one doctorally-prepared judge, when possible.
Annual Conference Session Moderator
- Time Commitment: Time commitment and number of assignments will vary, depending upon your availability. We will need both moderators at the Rehabilitation Nursing Conference on-site as well as virtual moderators.
- Requirements: ARN Member in good standing; minimum of BSN Degree.
- General Info: Session moderators are asked to introduce various sessions at the ARN Annual Educational Conference. You may be asked to pre-record an introduction for virtual sessions. There are no pre-planned meetings of session moderators.
Annual Conference Special Interest Group Moderator
- Time Commitment: 1-2 assignments at the Rehabilitation Nursing Conference on-site
- Requirements: ARN Member in good standing;
- General Info: Special Interest Group (SIG) moderators are asked to lead discussion and take notes for SIG meetings at the ARN Annual Educational Conference. There are no meetings of SIG moderators.
Awards & Scholarship Committee
Learn more about the Awards & Scholarship Committee.
Get involved in your specialty
Chapter Support Committee
Learn more about the Chapter Support Committee.
Rehabilitation Nursing Peer Reviewer
- Time Commitment: open
- Requirements: ARN Member in good standing; published author; baccalaureate degree
- General Info: RNJ Reviewers are assigned manuscripts to review by the editor and associate editor. RNJ is always looking for qualified and interested reviewers for manuscripts to provide detailed, well-thought-out reviews to our authors. The work of peer reviewers is done electronically.
Writer/Blogger for ARN Publications
- Time Commitment: open
- Requirements: ARN Member in good standing
- General Info: Volunteers for ARN publications provide brainstorming and written content.
Take your commitment further
Annual Conference Planning Committee
Learn more about the Annual Conference Planning Committee.
Continuing Education Provider Unit (CEPU) Committee
Learn more about the CEPU Committee.
CRRN Audit Panel
Learn more about the CRRN Audit Panel.
CRRN Examination and Item Development Committee
Learn more about the CRRN Exam Committee.
Health Policy Committee
Learn more about the Health Policy Committee.
Advancing Science & Practice Committee (formerly Research Committee)
Learn more about the Advancing Science and Practice Committee.
Rehabilitation Nursing Editorial Board Member
- Time Commitment: 2 years
- Requirements: ARN Member in good standing; Masters degree required; published author
- General Info: The RNJ Editorial Board is responsible for the editorial review of manuscripts submitted for publication in Rehabilitation Nursing and assists the editor and associate editor in shaping the vision and future direction of the journal. The work of the Editorial Board is done primarily electronically.
- Respond to legislative action alerts to advocate for the policies you believe in.
- Vote to elect Board members you believe will make a positive difference on your behalf.
Hear from our volunteers!
Volunteering with ARN allows you to collaborate with colleagues and contribute your skills and expertise to the greater good of rehab nursing. The following video features one of ARN’s volunteer leaders sharing insight into her experiences serving in a leadership role.
Toni Melvin, ARN DEI Task Force Chair
Thank you for your commitment!