Contribute to Your Specialty
When you volunteer with ARN you become a leader and influencer within your specialty, you collaborate with colleagues, and contribute your skills and expertise to the greater good of rehab nursing. ARN has many ways for you to get involved, based on your expertise and the amount of time you wish to commit.
Volunteer at the Level You Desire
Just a few minutes of your time …
- Vote to elect Board members you believe will make a positive difference on your behalf.
- Respond to Legislative Action Alerts to advocate for the policies you believe in.
- Attend a SIG meeting at conference to hear what your peers are doing different or better.
- View and rate a poster at ARN’s annual conference.
- Be a conference moderator to get involved in a specific area of focus.
A little bit more ...
- Have you ever been published? Write an article for the ARN newsletter.
- Get involved at the local level and join your chapter.
- If you are interested in legislation and politics, apply for the Nurses in Washington Internship (NIWI) and learn to engage effectively with legislators.
- Help us find the best educational content by reviewing conference abstracts.
- Have an interest within your specialty? Share it with others by presenting a conference paper or poster.
Take it further ...
- Become a member of the CRRN exam committee.
- Take leadership to the next level and get involved as a chapter leader.
- Work on the CRRN item development committee.
- Become a member of a task force or committee to grow your strengths in a new area.
Get REALLY involved ...
- Run for the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee to help recruit the best of the best for your organization.
- Become a member of the Rehabilitation Nursing Certification Board.
- Be a subject matter expert for an ARN educational program or product.
- Nominate yourself for the ARN Board of Directors!
Take a moment to review and complete ARN’s Volunteer Identification Program (VIP) form so we get to know your interests and time availability. Thank you for your commitment!