Applications Now Being Accepted for the 2021 ARN NIWI Scholarship!
ARN is committed to impacting healthcare as a leader in influencing rehabilitation public policy. As a part of this commitment we want to ensure that our members have the knowledge and opportunity to participate in the creation of public policy and advocacy related to rehabilitation nursing. In that spirit, we are pleased to announce the ARN Nurses in Washington Internship (NIWI) Scholarship!
NIWI will take place virtually April 19-22, 2021 and provides nurses with the opportunity to learn how to influence health care through the legislative and regulatory processes. Participants learn from health policy experts and government officials, network with other nurses, and visit members of Congress.
One ARN NIWI Scholarship will be awarded in 2021 to covers a member's registration expenses. The ARN Health Policy Committee will review all applications and select the applicants deemed most appropriate as the award recipients.
Eligible nurses will be:
- A registered professional nurse with current, unrestricted license;
- A current ARN member (minimum of one year membership);
- New to NIWI, not having attended in the past;
- Able to join the Health Policy Committee following a successful scholarship application;
- Currently practicing in the rehabilitation specialty; and
- A good communicator, both in writing and orally.
Complete and submit this form by January 29, 2021 to apply.