COVID-19 Resources for Rehabilitation Professionals
Materials and Resources for Addressing Coronavirus (COVID-19)
General Resources by Public Health Organizations
- NQF: COVID-19 Challenges: Payer Perspective from Humana, webinar
- CDC: Information for Health Care Professionals
- CMS: COVID-19 resources page
- WHO has designed a tool to promote trusted information channels, including a section for healthcare workers.
- American Nurses Association, www.NursingWorld.org/coronavirus
- NQF: Dr. Leana Wen on COVID-19 Public Health and Patient Advocacy Challenges [video]
- CDC: COVID-19 Update: Optimization Strategies for Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) [webinar]
- CDC: Underlying Medical Conditions and People at Higher Risk for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) [webinar]
- NIH: National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Updates
- Johns Hopkins Nursing: A series of podcasts on the different aspects of nursing considerations related to COVID-19.
Telehealth and Virtual Medical Services
- Department of Health and Human Services: information on telehealth
- CMS resources for expanding telehealth options
Medicare and Medicaid Updates
- CMS: Presentation on CMS Waivers and COVID-19 Response (1135 Waivers)
- CMS: Waivers for Health Care Providers
- CMS: Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention Concerning Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CMS Announces Relief for Clinicians, Providers, Hospitals and Facilities Participating in Quality Reporting Programs in Response to COVID-19
Guidance for Standards of Care & Clinical Strategies
- Nursing’s Role in Health Equity, Public Health Emergencies, and COVID-19, hosted by The National Academy of Medicine and representatives from the NAM study on the Future of Nursing 2020-2030.
- COVID-19 in the Rehabilitation Setting–Q&A Session, moderated by rehabilitation nursing expert Michele Cournan, DNP RN ANP-BC FNP CRRN
- Prep for COVID-19 Admissions & Patient Care in Rehab Facilities: Panel Discussion, co-hosted by ARN and Medbridge, presented by Michelle Camicia, PhD MSN RN CRRN CCM NEA-BC FAHA; Michele Cournan, DNP RN ANP-BC FNP CRRN; and Jill Rye, DNP RN CRRN CNL FARN
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Neurorehabiltative Care & Research, hosted by World Federation for NeuroRehabillitation (WFNR)
- On-demand ANA COVID-19 Webinar Series, including "Ventilator Management: Essential Skills for Non-ICU Nurses," "Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic," and "How to Respond to Ethical Challenges and Moral Distress during the COVID-19 Pandemic."
- Illinois Health Care Association, Facebook Live recording regarding Testing Guidance
- ANA, NursingWorld.org
- AMRPA: COVID-19 Resources - Federal Agency Guidance and Resources to Address COVID-19
- AAPM&R: In-Depth COVID-19 Resources for Physiatrists
- AMSN COVID-19 Resources for Medical-Surgical Nurses
Policy and Advocacy
- ARN Health Policy Digest June 2020
- ARN Health Policy Digest May 2020
- ARN Health Policy Digest April 2020
Peer-Reviewed COVID-19 Resources for Nurses
- Resources from Lippincott Nursing Center (Rehabilitation Nursing Journal publisher)
Mental Health Resources
- ANA, Free COVID-19 Self-Care Package for Nurses, includes 5.8 free CE credits
- WHO, Mental Health Considerations
- CDC, Managing Stress Anxiety
- Well-being Index
- Provider Resilience
Discounts and Freebies for Nurses or Healthcare Workers in General
- Headspace, an app featuring guided meditations, animations, articles, and videos, is offering all US healthcare professionals who work in public health settings free access to Headspace Plus through 2020.
- Ten Percent Happier, an app that offers mindful meditation, is currently free to healthcare professionals
- RNPerks.org, created by ANA, featuring discounts and deals exclusive to nurses
- Hilton is offering special rates for those needing a home away from home during these difficult times.
- Marriott Community caregiver rate
- View a list of discounts for nurses during the COVID-19 pandemic via CouponChief.com.
Resources to Provide to Patients
- Foundation for PM&R: Exercise Information for Individuals with Disability
- Recovering from COVID-19: A Patient Guide
Contribute to Our Resources