COVID-19 Resources for Rehabilitation Professionals
Supporting you and your hard work during the pandemic
In light of the current unprecedented health challenge with the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the additional stressors it has brought, ARN would like to support you in your practice and personal life. We have already extended deadlines for conference abstract submissions and applications to become a fellow of ARN, and will be waiving the late fee for upcoming CRRN renewals. Currently we expect to still hold our annual meeting, REACH, in October.
Upcoming Calls and Webinars
- Prep for COVID-19 Admissions & Patient Care in Rehab Facilities: Panel Discussion, co-hosted by ARN and Medbridge, presented by Michelle Camicia, PhD MSN RN CRRN CCM NEA-BC FAHA; Michele Cournan, DNP RN ANP-BC FNP CRRN; and Jill Rye, DNP RN CRRN CNL FARN
June 4, 11 am–noon CDT
This webinar will be pre-recorded, but will be eligible for non-live continuing education for ATs, OTs, RNs, PTs, SLPs, and SWs
- CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Engagement Call (Nurses), Thursdays, 3-3:30 pm ET. Dial In: 833.614.0820. Passcode: 4268398. Audio Webcast Link
Materials and Resources for Addressing Coronavirus (COVID-19)
General Resources by Public Health Organizations
- On-demand ANA COVID-19 Webinar Series, including "Ventilator Management: Essential Skills for Non-ICU Nurses," "Be Confident Protecting Yourself and Providing the Best Care to Your Patients during this COVID-19 Pandemic," and "How to Respond to Ethical Challenges and Moral Distress during the COVID-19 Pandemic."
- NQF: COVID-19 Challenges: Payer Perspective from Humana, webinar
- CDC: Information for Health Care Professionals
- CMS: Current Emergencies page
- WHO has designed a tool to promote trusted information channels, including a section for healthcare workers.
- American Nurses Association, www.NursingWorld.org/coronavirus
- NQF: COVID-19: Preparing for the Surge with Dr. Lee Fleisher [webinar]
- NQF: Dr. Leana Wen on COVID-19 Public Health and Patient Advocacy Challenges [video]
- CDC: COVID-19 Update: Optimization Strategies for Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) [webinar]
- CDC: Underlying Medical Conditions and People at Higher Risk for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) [webinar]
- NIH: National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Updates
- Johns Hopkins Nursing: A series of podcasts on the different aspects of nursing considerations related to COVID-19.
Telehealth and Virtual Medical Services
- Department of Health and Human Services: information on telehealth
- Powers, Pyles, Sutter, & Verville PC: Webinar: Telehealth and COVID-19
- CMS resources for expanding telehealth options
Medicare and Medicaid Updates
- CMS: April 23, 2020, Call with Frontline Nurses (ZIP)
- CMS: Presentation on CMS Waivers and COVID-19 Response (1135 Waivers)
- CMS: Waivers for Health Care Providers
- CMS: Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention Concerning Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CMS Announces Relief for Clinicians, Providers, Hospitals and Facilities Participating in Quality Reporting Programs in Response to COVID-19
Guidance for Standards of Care
- ANA, NursingWorld.org
- AMRPA: COVID-19 Resources - Federal Agency Guidance and Resources to Address COVID-19
Policy and Advocacy
- ARN Health Policy Digest April 2020
- ANA: COVID-19 Legislative, Regulatory, and Advocacy Update (Updated 4/8)
- AMRPA: Letter the American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association (AMRPA) sent to DHHS and congress
- U.S. Nursing Leadership Supports Practice/Academic Partnerships to Assist the Nursing Workforce during the COVID-19 Crisis.
- On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, the Senate approved the third coronavirus relief package. The Senate section-by-section includes information on increasing Medicare access to post-acute care on page 22.
Peer-Reviewed COVID-19 Resources for Nurses
- Resources from Lippincott Nursing Center (Rehabilitation Nursing Journal publisher)
Mental Health Resources
- ANA, Free COVID-19 Self-Care Package for Nurses, includes 5.8 free CE credits
- WHO, Mental Health Considerations
- CDC, Managing Stress Anxiety
- Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses
- HeartMath Institute's Global Care Room
- Well-being Index
- Provider Resilience.
Discounts and Freebies for Nurses or Healthcare Workers in General
- Headspace, an app featuring guided meditations, animations, articles, and videos, is offering all US healthcare professionals who work in public health settings free access to Headspace Plus through 2020.
- Ten Percent Happier, an app that offers mindful meditation, is currently free to healthcare professionals
- RNPerks.org, created by ANA, featuring discounts and deals exclusive to nurses
- 10% off at Panda Express for all hospital staff and first responders through all of 2020
- Hilton is offering special rates for those needing a home away from home during these difficult times.
- Marriott Community caregiver rate
Resources to Provide to Patients
- Foundation for PM&R: Exercise Information for Individuals with Disability
- Recovering from COVID-19: A Patient Guide
Contribute to Our Resources